For every £1 donated, 93p goes directly to the support and development of the Museum
In the past we have been fortunate to receive grants, in particular from the National Lottery Heritage Fund for projects and development. Acquisitions have been supported by The Art Fund, the V&A Purchase Grant Fund, and many other charitable foundations.
Funding however often needs to be matched by our own contribution. This underlines the significance of donors' support, which makes a real difference to what we can do.
Here are a few examples of the work we have achieved thanks to legacies and donations:
- Acquisition of paintings and drawings by Hodges and Webber, together with prints, documents, medals and contemporary newspapers
- New bookcase for Library, and additions to the Clark Collection of antiquarian voyages and travels
- Publication of fully illustrated catalogues for recent special exhibitions
- Purchase of large early map of the Pacific Ocean showing Cook’s discoveries to match the one of the Pacific before Cook
- Storage cabinets for our collection of Sir Joseph Banks' Florilegium
If you would simply like to make a one-off donation to the Museum’s work, please get in touch or send a donation by cheque or card.