We have for many years welcomed school children and their teachers visiting the Museum. Many return year after year. Our introductory session covers Cook's Yorkshire background, his naval career, the great voyages of exploration, and his ideas on topics such as diet, scurvy, and encounters with previously unknown peoples.
There are many links to the curriculum, and we are happy to tailor visits to your particular needs in, for example, art, history, geography or science.
- Risk assessment on request
- Discovery Pack £9.00, purchase copies visiting-us/shop
- KS 2-4
- Plan on 2 hours
- Dedicated education room: induction loop system and wheelchair access
- Experienced education volunteers
- 30 minute introductory session
- Tour of the Museum
- Handling session
- Place to leave bags, toilet facilities
- Wheelchair access to first floor; DVD guide to upper floors
We can advise on What else to see in Whitby and where to stay.