Welcome to this Visit England and White Rose Award Winning Museum: In the past three years we have been visited by people from over 80 different countries.
We hope you will join them!
Our Address: Grape Lane, Whitby YO22 4BA
Opening Times 2017
- Winter to 17 February - By Appointment, contact us on 01947 601900
- 18 February to 31 March - daily 11:00 - 15:00
- 1 April to 5 November - daily 09:45 - 17:00
Last admission - 30 minutes before closing
- Adult £5.70
- Senior Citizen £5.20
- Child £3.50
- Family £14.00
- Adult Group 10+ £5.10 per person (pre-booked)
- School Group 10+ £3.00 per child (pre-booked) Accompanying teachers and coach drivers free more
Free Activity Trail available for all children
Ring us to pre-book your party Tel: 01947 601900
Visa, Delta and Mastercard accepted
Winter months (Nov – Feb):
- Pre-booked Groups 10+, Schools and Adults (normal prices). Pre-arranged private individual visits, up to 9 people (£7.50 per person, child £3.50)*
* These are in effect private visits. Our Operations Manager will show you the main collection. These visits will particularly suit visitors from overseas who are in Whitby in the winter and unlikely to be able to return.
Note: During the winter months, November to mid-February, there is no special exhibition in the Attic, and some refurbishment may be in progress.
For full details of all our facilities, please read our Accessibility page.
No photography is allowed in the Museum.